Topic 1 ABOUT ME

Topic 1 All About Me

What prompted you to enroll in this course?
Are you a business/marketing major?
What are you most interested in learning about marketing?
Tell us something you are passionate about outside of college.


  My name I Jamie Hagel.  I am enrolled in this class because it is part of the requirements for my Accounting Technology Degree.  I am in my second year of my Accounting Degree and am working toward the Health Track side of this degree. I dont know much about marketing.  I understand what it is and why we have it but to learn the basics and understand it from a marketing view will be helpful. Outside of college I am a mom and my kids are my passion.  Together we love to cook, go to concerts and travel around Oregon.  We have been to the Painted Hills, the coast, Crater Lake, Multnomah Falls, sisters/bend, and many of Oregon's beautiful lakes and rivers.


Topic 2 Marketing in the news: Colin Kaepernick "Just Do It" Nike Commercial

As children growing up we are told "You can be anything you wanna be if you put your mind to it" and we are taught that one of our Constitutional Rights is "Freedom of Speech" as NIKE's new ad with Colon Kaepernick portrays.

https://youtu.be/-hIc_epqfI0

Nike did a good job sticking with their "Just Do It" slogan, showing that you can "Just Do It" if you believe you can. Trying harder and not listening to those who seem to be negative towards what you are wanting to achieve.
As we all know there was a lot of controversy over this commercial, due to Colin Kaepernick's decision to take a knee during the National Anthem. A lot of people have their opinions and have made those opinions be known and spread all over social media, the news, magazine articles, and just in general conversation.
In my personal opinion Nike's ad was brilliant. Taking something that has so much controversy and running with it. Showing that freedom of speech is one thing that we all are entitled to, no matter what others think. Fighting for what we believe in and believing in ourselves, even if it means losing everything we worked so hard for.
I feel that if any changes were to be made, maybe take out the Colin Kaepernick part and focus more on the "Just Do It" and reminding people that you can be who you wanna be if you just go get what you want. Leaving out the political part all together.
This commercial showed me that is is OK to take chances Believe in myself and in my values. But most of all be me and be proud of what I can accomplish, knowing there are always going to be ups and downs in achieving my hopes and dreams.

Comments

Popular Posts